- Publication date:1 September 2020
- Format:Hardcover, Paperback
- Age guide: Younger Readers, 6+
By Jackie Kerin & Annie White
$16.95 – $24.95
The wind snatches the cry from a creek bed and blows it to Melbourne town, then carries it across the seven seas.
- Based on a true story
- A magical author and illustrator combination bringing history to life with illustrations inspired by mid 19th century artists
- A tale that weaves its way across oceans and continents
- A story raising questions about Aboriginal dispossession, women on the goldfields and environmental damage wrought by gold seekers
- Rhythmical and rich language making this story fun to read aloud
- Strong characters with well-defined personalities.